What is GATN?
Global Alternative Tourism Network is a network of different YMCAs that promotes Alternative Tourism. GATN is an initiative of the Asia and Pacific Alliance of YMCAs that aims to challenge the negative impact of mass tourism by promoting a more responsible and more sustainable kind of tourism. More than a program, Alternative Tourism is an advocacy and a tool that empowers not only the traveler but as well as the community it works with.
The CHANGE Principles
- Holistic in Approach
- Advocates Global Citizenship and Global Networking
- Nature and Heritage Conserving
- Gender and Child Sensitive
- Economically viable
Recent GATN Posts
- Networking Conference on Responsible and Sustainable Tourism January 7, 2020
- 4th Regional Conference on Climate Change in Ulaanbaatar October 11, 2019
- GATN Managers meet in Pangasinan 2019 April 8, 2019
- GATN ADVENTURES WITH THE YMCA OF KUALA LUMPUR December 20, 2018
- UNWTO 7th Global Summit on Urban Tourism & 3rd Seoul International Fair and Sustainable Tourism Conference October 5, 2018